Pages

Tuesday 5 June 2012

Body Lips Hair

Hi y'all!!!

I have been neglecting my beauty blog due to my fitness blog! Its juneathon and I am trying desperately not to fail at it. 


Anyways back to my post, I have some lovely products to talk to you about. 



Body 

Aveeno Oil - it is a bath and shower oil with colloidal oatmeal. I have to admit I'm not sure what that means. But I can assure you that this oil has done wonders to my skin. I suffer from very dry body skin not only during the harsh winter times of the UK but also in subtle summer times.The directions for use say that it can be used in place of a shower gel as its a cleansing oil. To be honest, I don't feel very clean if I haven't used a shower gel/soap of some kind so although I found this moisturising a bit weird to use. 


So I began applying it after my soapy shower, letting it soak into my skin and rinsing off. It has still given me excellent results and has become a part of my routine. I would definitely recommend this product. It is sold by boots at a reasonable cost of under £10 (I think its about £8.99). I love stocking up on my favourite products when boots have their amazing 3 for 2 on all products. It is such a bargain! 

Hair 

Kerastase Chroma sensitive - I was recommended this product by my hair dresser. Now it is not necessary to sell me any kerastase, I am already a huge fan of the brand! I have loved their range for curls and absolutely adored it. 



So my views about it are as follows. I love the packaging but dislike the pump. It was very hard to get to work and I think it only works well when the product is half way through. It also said that 15 pumps was enough for long hair but I disagree. You will definitely need a bit more. This product locks in your colour by coating it with a layer protein and thereby protecting your colour and also your hair. The creme is of a thick consistency and lathers very lightly. It is suggested that this product can be used without a shampoo or conditioner as it works as both. Again just like Aveeno oil I found it a bit weird to use. What can I do, old habits die hard. So I use it as a conditioner instead along with an argan oil based shampoo. The results - soft curly locks. 

Lips

Lush Mint Julips lip scrub - I bought this product after watching Missglamorazzi or Ingrid's you tube channel. I didn't realise that Lush was so popular in the states. This scrub is made out of sugar flavoured with mint. I have to admit I use this product simply because it tastes so yummy! Taste apart, this is like body scrub except for the lips. 


I simply take a little bit on my forefinger and scrub my lips gently for about a minute. Then I simply lick my lips clean and enjoy the freshness. One qualm though, the scrub goes everywhere. So I would suggest not moisturising your face before using this product. However, once I have scrubbed with mint julips I apply a good lip balm to enhance the softness. 

Let me know what you think? Have you tried any of these products?

Thanks for reading.

Dauphin
x

No comments:

Post a Comment